Our events are licensed through American Bop Association
Dance World Information – Updated on 15 December 2020
MBC dancing continues
The MBC board has reinstated our "Back to Dancing" sessions which are one hour long. They begin at 8 PM every Wednesday.
Competitive Shaggers Association.
Competitive Shaggers Association (CSA) is optimistically announcing the 2021 Tentative Contest Schedule. Although "Tentative" due to the uncertainty of how COVID-19 will impact future gatherings of this nature, we feel it is important that our dance community be aware of these events to help plan and structure other activities that may potentially conflict.
- ACSC/SOS Mid-Winter Meeting/Workshop in NMB ---- January 14-17 (postponed to 2022)
- Charleston SC Shag Classic ---- January 29-30 (postponed to 2022)
- Greenville Shag Classic ---- February 26-27 (postponed to 2022)
- Atlantic Beach Shag Club ---- March 26-27 (postponed to 2022)
- Hardwood at Fat Harolds ---- April 9-10 (postponed to 2022)
- SOS Spring Safari ---- April 15-25 (tentative)
- Sugarfoot Shag Club ---- June 12 (one day event)
- Lynn's ---- July 23-24 (tentative date)
- MOVSC 17th Annual Riverside Party ---- July ?? (date TBD)
- Eno Beach ---- August 6-7
- Fat Harold's ---- Sept. 3-4
- Shag Shack ---- Oct. 15-16
- The 38th National Shag Dance Championships - postponed until March 10, 11 & 12, 2022
Crystal Ballroom Support
Here's a link to Crystal Ballroom's membership page: If you join. your admission fee to the Mid-Ohio Boogie Club and the Buckeye Bop Club is only $4. https://crystalballroomcolumbus.com/memberships
If you miss hearing great Music–then Listen to SOS Radio
SOS Radio caters to shag clubs, bands and Artists. It has been around for over a year and provides a Top 40 Countdown. SOS Radio was nominated for an CBMA award in 2019. The station plays 58 minutes of each hour with non-stop great beach music “commercial free” 24 Hours a day.
You can hear the music on Alexa or Google home by saying “Play Sound Of the Strand on Tune In Radio” or you go to soundofthestrand.com They are currently working on the website so you can hear all of the past interviews.
ABSCDJ Top 50 of 2019ABSCDJ Top 50 of 2019 (1.1 MB)
Location of where we dance
Look for the sign by the road - turn in here - Note: the sign is not lighted.
If you are traveling East from High Street (Route 23) turn left almost immediately after the railroad tracks.